Saturday 26 May 2012

Prisoner of My own Device...

Yesterday was so bright,
Sun still shining, in the moonlit sky,
And that rainbow,
The one that’s purple, red, yellow and blue,
Still reminding you of the rain last night,
You could still see the boats,
If you wanted to,
Floating down the road,
Fighting the winds and the waves,
Children in the neighborhood park,
Pushing, shoveling and falling apart,
To songs and to dances,
And some rhyming lyrics too,
Time had no meaning,
And nothing really mattered,
And world was always at peace,
For you could buy all for a penny,
I remember them all,
It was just yesterday,
Or maybe the day before,
It’s quite dark now,
As I sit and look out of my window,
It’s been a while,
that I took a moment to think,
And to Wonder and worry,
I gave up much,
To get too little,
Money for smile,
Delusions for dreams,
The boats floating down the river,
I don’t see them anymore,
I have a desk, and a file now,
and a dark glass window too,
It gives me a view,
of the neighborhood floors,
Full of people lost in time,
Digging out the dirt,
working their times,
like a prison it looks,
Like a dungeon it feels,
The more I try,
the further I sink,
losing my faith,
losing my belief,
Let me say good bye,
let me say Godspeed,
it’s time I moved on,
and followed my dreams…

No comments:

Post a Comment